We are calling for applications from Early Career Scientists (max. 3 years full-time equivalent since PhD award date) to serve on the ECSN Regional Committee from December 2017. Each Regional Committee consists of 6 members, with the Chair of each Region serving on the Global Committee. The deadline for consideration is 30th September 2017.
The Regional Committees are responsible for growing the network, and organising and delivering ECSN activities in that region. ECS who serve on each Committee will do so for a period of two years, with the potential of renewing for an additional two-year term.
The iLEAPS ECSN welcomes any highly motivated ECS to step forward for nomination. In seeking applicants, we are looking for ECS with a good record of engagement and the enthusiasm and commitment to steer iLEAPS ECSN into the future. We will aim to achieve a balance of expertise, nationalities, and gender.
The Regional Committees’ tasks include:
- Developing and promoting iLEAPS' ECSN within each region
- Communicating with the iLEAPS ECSN Global Committee
- Organising and delivering meetings, workshops and other events
- Developng and maintaining Regional Network websites
- Responding to the needs of iLEAPS ECS within each region
- Representing iLEAPS ECSN at meetings and conferences as appropriate
Who can apply?
Any interested ECS can apply to become a iLEAPS ECSN Regional Committee member. Following the application deadline, each candidate’s statements will be published on the regional network website for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to elections. All ECS within a region will be invited to cast their vote. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the election.
Applicants should send the following items by email to the Chair of the relevant Regional Committee:
- 2 sentence description of yourself and your research
- A statement outlining your vision for iLEAPS ECSN (max. half page)
- The names of 2 scientists whose research falls within the scientific scope of iLEAPS and who support your nomination
Sept 30th 2017 Deadline for receipt of applications
Oct 9th 2017 Vision statements published on Regional ECSN websites
Oct 30th 2017 Deadline for votes to be received by Chair of Regional Committee
Nov 24th 2017 Candidates inform of the outcome
Dec 2017 Initial meetings to be held by each Regional Committee